Call in the professionals of Prodigy Moving & Storage and let our qualified experts help you expedite your moving needs for high-quality professional moving services. If needed, we will help you get packed, moved, and unpacked.
Packing fast can be a necessity under different scenarios. Whether it was a last-minute move, you have a busy schedule, or you hate the process you are procrastinating too much, you want to get it done and get it done quickly. To ensure that your fast packing job is still a strategic one from leaving your clothes on the hanger to getting rid of items you no longer need, there are several things you can do. In order to help you expedite the packing process, we at Prodigy Moving & Storage would like to offer some tips
Just because you’re packing quickly it doesn’t mean you have to pack poorly. You don’t want to be left chaos, to expedite your packing process consider applying the tips below.
1) Have a packing team. Lure your friends in for help with the promise of free beer and pizza, for example. From blasting music to reminiscing about good times in the house, having a packing party with your friends can actually be a lot of fun.
2) As you pack, get rid of the junk. This is always a good idea before you start packing. In the event you have the time and opportunity, relieve yourself of clothes you do not wear, furniture that will not fit in your new place as well as the belongings in storage you forgot you even owned. IN addition to making the packing process simpler, unpacking will be simplified.
3) The dresser drawers should be left full. This tactic is always a good idea, even if you are not in a rush while you pack. As long as your moving company, or whoever is moving the dresser, there is really no reason not to do this has the ability to move it with a little more weight.
4) Leave the clothes on the hangers. It is a lot of extra work to take your clothes off the hanger and put them in a box, just to hang them up again. Skip the repetitious acts and leave the clothes on the hanger. You can keep them safe and clean by wrapping the clothes in large garbage bags or put them in wardrobe boxes.
5) Hire a reputable moving company. From packing to loading to transporting, a professional moving company like Sky Van Lines can make a world of difference during your move. Depending on the season, unfortunately, hiring a professional moving company isn’t usually something you can do last minute.
6) Pack the room-by-room. It is easy to get distracted and overwhelmed when you are packing up all your belongings. Stay focused and relaxed while packing one room at a time. In the event you have help, you could even assign a room to each person to speed up the process.